Thailand!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
July 22nd 2008
Published: August 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Hi everyone!

Well, as most of you know we are well and truly backt o reality now in NZ (life is so hard, sob sob!).

Thailand was as usual amazing, with the sights, sounds and smells (not so amazing) loud, fast and hectic. The resort on Phuket was a welcome oasis away from it all!

Harry and Oscar loved the Tuk Tuks in Bangkok, although by the 6th ride I think it was wearing thin for Harry (they are pretty crazy drivers!).

Heres some pics for you all - will update the others over the next few weeks.

C



Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Reptile in Bangkok ParkReptile in Bangkok Park
Reptile in Bangkok Park

Not quite sure what this is yet, but there were a few (and rather large) ones in the Park we visited on our last day in Bangkok.
Oscar and his hair dryer!Oscar and his hair dryer!
Oscar and his hair dryer!

Oscar discovered hair dryers while we were away - not sure really whether he thought it was a microphone, hair dryer, or some sort of weapon - I am picking the last one!
Holiday Inn Silom BangkokHoliday Inn Silom Bangkok
Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok

Oscar and Harrison with our friendly doorman at the Holiday Inn Silom Bangkok - he was great and always did the bartering for us for our Tuk Tuks and Taxis!
View from our room, BangkokView from our room, Bangkok
View from our room, Bangkok

The view from our Exec Suite room at the Holiday Inn Silom, Bangkok
The Magical Tuk TukThe Magical Tuk Tuk
The Magical Tuk Tuk

Harry and Oscar in their favourite mode of transport - of all the trains, cars, buses, planes, boats ect we took over the 3 months this was their favourite!
Harry and Oscar on a Longtail BoatHarry and Oscar on a Longtail Boat
Harry and Oscar on a Longtail Boat

At great expense we decided to hire a long tail boat on the river in Bangkok - it was a pretty cool experience for us to see how Thai people live on the river though!


Tot: 0.143s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0463s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb