Ta Ta, Thailand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
March 9th 2007
Published: March 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

And so our 30 day visa was up and it was time to leave Thailand before they kicked us out. After some confusion over transport possibilities we ended up catching a very comfortable, if rather expensive taxi to Phuket airport. As you can see Geoff managed to find a Thai bride for himself just in the nick of time at the airport.

We made the mistake of spending our final few Baht on some airport food and wished we had decided to eat the money instead.

We were boarding an international flight, albeit a rather short one, to Kuala Lumpur and we assumed that the baggage allowance would be 20 or 25kg each. However, it became apparent as we approached the check-in counter that other people were being charged for being overweight, with the limit being 15kg! Ahhh!! Mild panic and the reason for the photo of our gear all over the terminal floor as we redistributed stuff into our hand luggage.

And that was Thailand, some great diving, a few dirty beaches, some expensive Tuk-Tuks, some good value buses, some torrential rain, some great people and of course not forgetting the tasty cheap chicken!



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0271s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb