back in thaliand


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
May 13th 2007
Published: August 7th 2007
Edit Blog Post

so a couple of weeks ago, when we first got into thailand we went to an island off the east coast call koh pha nang. it rained pretty much the whole time but it didnt matter cause we were there for the full moon party, which was a night spent dancing on the beach and was a lot of fun, AND we met up with a friend of ours who we met in australia. she brough with her 4 people whom she met on the boat over, and we had a lot of fun hanging out with them... relaxing, watching movies, and swimming in the ocean in the rain!

after leaving the island, we went up to bangkok so we could catch our flight to india! its a completely different world over there... the driving is insane and cows wander the streets like wild dogs, and the men stare something aweful. at one point, i got asked if these guys could take a picutre of me. i think NOT. anyway the moravian institute that we visited was such an amazing place! i fell in love with the children... they were sooo nice and welcoming and they just wanted to talk to us or play with us... it was awesome. Thespal and Susan (the people who kind of run the place and who we stayed with) were awesome as well, and completely spoiled us. We got cooked lovely meals, and they took us sightseeing all over the place... to a bhuddist monastery, to the ganges river, and up to the moutnains (the foothills of the himalayas) to a place called mussori. i had such a good time there i didnt want to leave! but then we went to delhi and spent a day touring around there... we went to some temples, including this lotus temple which looks just like the flower, and then drove to agra, which is where the taj mahal is. in delhi and agra both, grandpa has been spoiling us with really nice hotels! a nice change from hostels/guest houses. anyway the taj mahal was gorgeous! it was sooo cool to see something like that, that you've seen on tv or in books. its pretty amazing for a tomb. we got up early and went to see it just after sunrise, so that was good it was nice and cool in the morning. we then went back to delhi and relaxed before catching our 1am flight to bangkok.

and now we are back in thailand... in phuket, and we are hopefully going to do some diving in the next couple days, with grandpa. im currently exhausted cause of the flight, and i can never sleep on planes. oh well. i'll sleep good tonight. but ya that pretty much bringes you all up to date. hope everyone is well at home! talk to you soon!

laris



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

grandpa driving a rickshaw!grandpa driving a rickshaw!
grandpa driving a rickshaw!

he had to pay extra for that


14th May 2007

Time flies..
Hey there! Think of you often and cant believe you have been gone for so long already...!! Your stories are amazing and I cant wait to hear them straight from you. Keep safe, give your brother a big hug for me! Love you loads. Whitney
14th May 2007

Thats awesome! Is it good to see a familiar face now? Times flying by hey! Pretty soon we can sit on a hill and listen to great music, but that is probably the last thing on your mind right now!
17th May 2007

Uncle Bill looks like he's having fun on the bike! That's awesome that you took a picture of that! It looks like you guys are having lots of fun!

Tot: 0.3s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 7; qc: 51; dbt: 0.081s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb