Day 32: Aw Phuket, Let's get out of here


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Phuket
October 31st 2018
Published: October 31st 2018
Edit Blog Post

Hehe it’s a rude pun.



At 8am we were up, dressed and on a ferry taking us to Phuket. We were there by half 11 where we made a bit of a boo boo. We had been using the Grab app to source taxis, which we realised was super expensive in Phuket. We were to be charged 25 pound for a taxi from the pier to our hostel, which meant we had to wait for the next minibus to arrive to take us with the next ferry… at one o’clock. Thankfully we could find food from the stalls at the pier which kept us going.



Yet more disaster followed. We arrived at our hotel only for the owner to inform us that half of his business had been shut down and he had nowhere to home us. HOWEVER, the gentleman was kind enough to book us at another hotel (SK Residence) around the corner, and cover the additional costs. Top Bloke. Gets a good booking.com rating from us.



We then ventured down into the town to see what was in store for us. Phuket is still classed as being off-season but if this is off-season I wouldn’t want to see on-season. Manic. Long streets full of bars. People sticking trinkets and tat under your nose at every opportunity. Every thirty yards we were greeted by gentleman with a price card shouting “Ping Pong Show?” Dad don’t google that.



We made our way to the beach to have a look and it wasn’t really anything special. We then headed back to the hotel for a short while before going the market opposite for our dinner. Guess what we had to eat? (Sorry Meg)



We were in bed quite early following our day of travelling. We even had a full duvet for the first time on our travels. Hurrah.



Steps:13981

Advertisement



Tot: 0.167s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 42; dbt: 0.1385s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb