Close Encounters Of The Shark Kind


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 23rd 2017
Published: August 24th 2017
Edit Blog Post

George and Sam had the closest encounter with the sharks early this morning. Georgie said it's the first time he felt nervous as one of them was circling him. They hope to have some good photos.
After breakfast we got a ride to the pier in town and hired a longtail boat and went right round the island. We had was such a fabulous day. The sea was rough for the first part and we got very wet indeed. We arrived at a group of three small islands that were so idealic except there were so my tourist there and it seemed they were all wearing orange life jackets. Most if them I think were Chinese. We walked along a spit of sand that joined two of the island and there were rows of deck chairs almost the whole way along with people, I think mainly Chinese again, sitting on them. It seemed rather strange to me. We snorkled in the warm turquoise sea. Another strange thing was that right along the shore line there was a ribbon of millions of little fishes. As you walked into the water they made and opening for you and then joined up again when you were through.
We spent most of the day hopping from cove to cove snorkeling and looking at the steep jungle covered hill sides and the large smooth bolders of Ko Tao. The sea was quite calm until we came round the corner past Shark Island and into our bay then our longtail boat felt very small as we crashed through the waves.
We had a very late 4.30 ish lunch and feeling happily tired we chilled for the rest of the day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 26, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.131s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0696s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb