Closing the Koh Tao Chapter


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
January 5th 2011
Published: January 5th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We took the short trip over to phangan on the 30th in preparation for the Full Moon New Years Eve party - what a night. More fun and frolics, though no one burnt themselves! Have to say it was immense, visited Mushy/Mellow mountain again - the music was banging!! There was one thing missing though...The Grim Sleeper missed the boat, Hugh you absolute mong!

However - I did sober up in time to see the destruction. I have to say it was actually pretty disgusting, even Andreas will have to admit after doing his party trick. The beach was a disgrace and its such a shame that they are destroying what probably was a lovely landscape once upon a time. This trip definitely swapped all aspects - princess' to paupers, idealization to realization and don't even get me started on the food...ergh.

It was then a pretty quiet couple of days....naat! back 'home' and back to Lotus. On one of our final days we done something we probably should have done on one of our first days - we all hired peds (minus Hugh) and ragged them all over the island. Stopping at as many view points as possible, snorkling, and taking in as much of what this islands hidden treasures had to offer. With only a couple of minor incidents (Mark falling) we had an amazing day helped by some brilliant weather.

All 6 of us packed our bags again and we were off to Koh Phi Phi (Loh Dalam Bay). Another horrendous journey...8 hour 'sleeper' boat, consisting of about 100 tiny beds for the luxurious traveler and then hanging off the side for everyone else! This was followed by an hour and a half wait before the 4 hour coach journey, before the hour and a half boat again. First impressions - more commercial, slightly more expensive, bit dirtier (maybe how true Thailand really is?). Looking forward to visiting the place where 'The Beach' was filmed, Koh Phi Phi Leh.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0326s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb