Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
April 22nd 2006
Published: April 22nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hi peeps as charlie said we are now on Koh Tao staying at a beach called Chalok baan kao.
We only stayed here because we asked a thai dude on ko pha ngan what his fav beach was and he said this one,that what we love about this type of travel you change more plans than you make.It turns out this this was just the type of beach we like,good food not to much nightlife just chilled beach bars with hammocks.Nice.We have met a load of nice people here and it will be hard to move on but i think we will be back one day.
Now to the diving i am now a padi open water diver i have been down to 20meters.That might not sound alot but the boats look pretty small above your head when you down there.
It is something i want to do again as i think im hooked.Some of it was a bit scary like taking of your mask 10 meters down then putting it on again and clearing it this is called a dive skill which we have to learn before they let you go it alone. In total we did 4 dives 2 at 11 meters and two at 18 to 20 meters,when your down there you just try to remeber what you have been told in the classroom,at first it feels so unnatural but the more you do it the better it becomes.On the last dive we dived a place called the japanese garden its a massive coral thing that rises from way deep and you just float around cheaking out all the fish and coral... wow.Now in the future if there is a place to dive i can show my padi card and jump in and go.
The whole course cost about 140 pounds but i have been told this is at least double that in the uk.Anyway we just booked our tickets back to bangkok as we have to go passed there to get to cambodia we are looking forward to seeing angkor wat as i have been reading up on the place and the more you read about it the better it gets.we are leaving koh tao tomorrow at 2.30 in the afternoon and getting to bangkok about 6 in the morning that way we can get a coach to the cambodia border and then on to angkor.then we plan to go to vietnam for a bit but we have met so many people that have been to laos and they are said good things about it that we might end up making a detour.But lets see what happens.
i got to go now because we are meeting a group of mates at shark island at 3 for a bit of snorkling lets hope we get lucky and spot a few.....take care peeps lots of love charlieandjim.......................................

Advertisement



Tot: 0.09s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0416s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb