Diving


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
February 1st 2009
Published: February 1st 2009
Edit Blog Post

As soon as the meditation retreat was over and we were allowed to start talking a few off us headed for Ko Tao. We only just made the ferry, our tuk tuk driver did a handbrake turn in the car park and then we ran along the boardwalk and just made it. The crossing was awful as we were on the high speed boat and it was so rough - spent most of the journey clinging to the side as if my life depended on it!!

Eventually we arrived on the island and headed off to choose one of the million dive companies. We ended up with Scuba Shack and after checking in to our beachside accomodation (included in the price) we went to meet our dive instructors. At first we were slightly apprehensive as they seemed slightly crazy, well mervin did anyway! But as it happened they were brilliant. We paid 8500baht for the SSI open water course and it was amazing. Absolutely loved diving, didn't think i would like it as much as i did. The visability wasn't great due to it being the end of the monsoon season but even so it was incredible.

Once the
DSCF3519DSCF3519DSCF3519

In a hurry to get to the boat
course was finished i headed back to the mainland to meet up with Jess and Ed and then we headed back out to Ko Pha-ngan - not the most organised way to do it! But hey when have i ever been organised!! Spent a day and one night with them on the island and went to an incredible all you can eat thai bbq. We ate a lot and made even more mess!!

After Jess and Ed had gone i moved to a really remote beach on the other side of the island and here i spent xmas. It was really strange to have such a hot run up to christmas, but in true english style it started to rain christmas day!! After treating myself to all kinds of thai food and a massage as a christmas present to myself it was time to start the mission of a journey to leave thailand and get to singapore for my flight to oz. I had to catch the night ferry at 10pm to the mainland and then take a bus all day and all night through the rest of thailand and then into malaysia and then carry onto to singapore, arriving at 7am. It wasnt as bad as i had expected it to be, apart from the ever consistant over use of the air conditioning and the monk throwing up on the ferry next to me!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

FerryFerry
Ferry

Leaving thai


Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0449s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb