Ko Tao day 5 (Open Water PADI course completion)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
June 5th 2007
Published: June 5th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Had the morning off this morning so slept in for a while before getting ready and heading off to get some lunch.

With writen studies over it was all practical from now on.

Headed off to the boat at 12:15 again and were taken to Twins (the other side to Japanese gardens). Again another spectacular site. Dived down to 16metres and on the sea bed practice a few more techniques (mainly to help with buoyancy), Fin Pivot and the budda. Saw loads of clown fish (nemos). The most incredible was on the sandy bottom there was a small patch of Anemone with a small family of clown fish. Awesome, Mum, dad a medium sized one and a really little baby all darting in and out of the anemone. There were also a few angle fish and huge Trigger fish, which we avoided.

For the second dive we headed of to Hin Daeng. Here we got a bit of practice with the compasses before going on to discover this dive site. Visabilty wasnt as good as the other sites (probably due to the weather not being quite as excellent) But saying that it was still 15metres. Saw a Ramora and a giant Titan Trigger Fish. After 40min we surfaced and that was it we were now certified Open water PADI divers. I celebrated by jumping off the top of the boat.

Once we got back to Sunshine we filled in our log books. I then had to make a very important decition. I was planning to leave for Ko Phangag tomorrow but loveing the diving. I also only had 5 days left before my flight to hong kong. Anyway I desided to try and do everything. I signed up to do the Advanced course (got a discount and free accomodation) which takes 2 days. I'll just have to cram in Ko Phangag later.

Got a run down from Tim on what we would be doing for the next 2 days. It also transpired that the group, Fes signed up to do it too, was to stay together including Phil and Patricia who had started helping out at the end of the last course.

Afterwards went to the Eazy bar and had a a couple of beers with Fes, Phil, Tim and Sarah (plus had Padi, Tims and Natalies dog for company) Had to pay off some beer depts to Tim and Phil (for breaking a few rules)

Later Fes, Kurstin, Jurgen and I headed down to Mae Haad and had dinner in the flying turtle bar. Had an excellent Massaman Curry. Felt really cream crackered after that and it was starting to get late.

Headed back to Sunshine and to my Bungalo for some sleep.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.328s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 82; dbt: 0.2879s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb