Beaches Beaches


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
August 14th 2005
Published: August 14th 2005
Edit Blog Post

"The Beach""The Beach""The Beach"

This is Ko Phi Phi Leh where they flimed the beach, we couldnt get any photos of the actual beach as we had to climb through the cave to get there and didnt want to bring the camera.
We are now in Ko Tao after going from Ko phi phi to Ko Samui and then here. In Ko Phi Phi we went on the snorkelling trip which was absolutely amazing i saw all the fish from finding nemo ( except Nemo himself, of course) and more it was brilliant. We managed to get to 'the beach' after much hassle by climbing through a hole in the rocks with waves crashing at us. We both got cut and bruised, Andys were quite bad. The following day we went on a walk and talk about the tsunami. It was unbelivable what has happened and it really hit home. There is one building that hasnt been touched, it was the staff headquarters of the Cabana hotel ( what was the most upmarket resort on the island). There were mattreses in the ceiling beds upturned. It was so sad. In the afternoon we volunteered for a bit. We were helping clear out the nets of rubbish that the divers had collected. Iys unbelievable the stuff they are still finding. Signs, computers, toys, lots of rubble.

We went straight from there to Ko Samui. Which i have to say was awful. We may aswell have gone to magaluf, however we did bag ourselves a bungalow right on the beach at the waters edge. Although the beach was nothing to write home about and we only stayed for one day.

From Samui we came straight here and I have to say the beaches this side of Thailand have been a let down. Here the beach is so dirty, there is rubbish everywhere. Sunbathing between rubbish is not my thing. I also have to say that it is very overpriced and with our budget running a bit tighter we are finding it quite a hassle to find cheap prices. We have been here for a few days but the weather hasnt been too good, quite overcast but we have managed to get a few hrs sunbathing. Tommorow we are off to Ko Phagnan, hopefully in enough time to get some accomodation before the full moon on Saturday.

Hope everyone is well. Feel free to email me.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

'The beach''The beach'
'The beach'

The hole in the rocks we had to climb through to get to 'the beach'!
Ko SamuiKo Samui
Ko Samui

The view from our bech hut
Ko TaoKo Tao
Ko Tao

Oh this is the life


Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 53; dbt: 0.041s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb