Koh Tao (or heaven in water)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
May 1st 2007
Published: May 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

Koh Tao Sairee Beach sunsetKoh Tao Sairee Beach sunsetKoh Tao Sairee Beach sunset

pad thai, a couple of cold beers, and a view like this.....doesn't get much better.

Koh Tao (or heaven in water)

 Asia » Thailand » Koh Tao By Elemental
May 1st 2007
Carl Brereton
to be honest i cant be arsed to write much anymore. koh tao is a divers heaven (and haven) and i snorkelled for my first time here, and i am hooked. i stayed in hin wong bay to start, then moved to sairee beach, then down south to ao chalok or whatever it was called.

i also accompanied a dive tour to shark island (a small island about 800 meters from koh tao), day tripped to nang yuan islands to snorkel, celebrated songkran (happy new year by the way....its 2550 on the buddhist calender) which is a mental 3 days of water fights and drunken revelry.

then sadly it was time to move on to koh phangnan.

most of my pics are on my underwater camera so they wont be posted until i get back and can scan them. but here are a few for you to enjoy and salivate over.


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Koh Tao sunriseKoh Tao sunrise
Koh Tao sunrise

got up early to watch the sunrise at hin wong bay the morning after the storm. well worth it.
Koh Tao Hin Wong Bay sunnyKoh Tao Hin Wong Bay sunny
Koh Tao Hin Wong Bay sunny

view from my bungalow on a good day.
Koh Tao Hin Wong Bay rainyKoh Tao Hin Wong Bay rainy
Koh Tao Hin Wong Bay rainy

view from my bungalow on a not-so-good day.
Shark IslandShark Island
Shark Island

accompanied a dive tour here and just snorkelled while they dived. awesome. sadly, no sharks though.
Shark Island splashdownShark Island splashdown
Shark Island splashdown

fine form off the top of the dive boat. farsh, you should be proud. i swam in the ocean for over an hour, and didn't come out till we had to leave.
Koh Tao coastKoh Tao coast
Koh Tao coast

is that a rock formation on your coast or are you just glad to see me?
Nang Yaun islandNang Yaun island
Nang Yaun island

three small inter-connected islands off the coast of koh tao. day tripped here to snorkel.
Goodnight Koh TaoGoodnight Koh Tao
Goodnight Koh Tao

just liked the way the sun's rays looked on this night.


3rd May 2007

not surprised
I can't blame you for not writing, I mean what a decision...... enjoy those views or sit at a computer... tough one... NOT. Glad you are ok with it being a while since you posted I wondered where you had got to. I think you should just write hello and give us a couple of pics!
4th May 2007

In other words Russ doesn't wanna hear your rubbish, just wants to see the amazing pictures so he can get depressed at work
5th May 2007

Bloomers
You look like you were wearing bloomers when someone threw you from the boat and you tried to roughly assume a semi dive position.
5th May 2007

envy
Heh cuz! We have been enjoying reading about your adventures - living vicariously and all that - your pictures are awesome - looking forward to a visit in the summer when you can tell us the uncensored version of your travels - got to go - we are having fahitas, spanish rice, and nachos with hamburg, beans (canned Heinz, if your must know), cheese etc. We are celebrating Cinco de Mayo (sp?) - see - you are not the only one living a life of adventure! Take care - write!
16th May 2007

mmmmm
upon another reading of thhe photo comments I ca't help but wonder who else was in the sea for you to have been in there an hour???? Oh and are you ok??

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.048s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb