Day 265 - Farewell Paradise, Hello Madness


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
March 24th 2007
Published: March 24th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Our 4 days on Ko Tao feel like a lot more, which has to be the sign of a good break. We checked-out full of energy and ready to hit the sightseeing challenges in the cities again. We travelled to the port in the back of a pick-up truck with an irritating Israeli we’d had the misfortune of talking to before. He sneered at Ed (who was wearing his ‘Argentina’ t-shirt), “Are you from Argentina?” with a look of disgust on his face. Ed said no, and asked if he was. He didn’t like this. Weirdo. We caught the ferry to Chumpon along with a lot of other people. So many, in fact, that the ferry company gives us colour-coded stickers to make it easier to herd us around. The journey goes without a hitch with about an hour to have lunch at the port before catching a bus to Bangkok. The tea-time stop was at an amazing market place which was like an enormous deli. This was the regular stopping point between Ko Tao and Bangkok so it’s well worth leaving a hearty appetite for it (advice we wish we’d been given).

As the bus was basically full of young tourists and a few ageing hippy types, it dropped us off at the infamous Khao San Road, which was very convenient for us as we had a room booked at the recommended D&D Inn. When we checked-in we were handed a note from Meredith with instructions for meeting up so we immediately headed out into the crazy Bangkok nightlife, got drunk and had a curry.




Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 12; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0252s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb