Koh Tao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
January 11th 2007
Published: January 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We've made it to Koh Tao and this is the place to be. Carver and i started our diving here - the open water and then we did the advanced class - we can dive to 30 meters(100 feet). It's the coolest experiance ever. We found a place called Sunshine divers 2 and it has some of the best most relaxed bars and the most beautiful sun sets. We have meet tons of Canadians - even the diving course director is Canadian - and from Waterloo. What are the chances? Carvers even run in to a few people here from home (not surprizing though!) ... (hey - you worked at Phil's right....?) New Years eve on the beach was relaxed, warm and surpizinly somewhat sober! There were tons of fireworks being lit off some time around midnight - but no official count down so noone really knew when it was 2007. They have these large rice paper laterns that when there is enough heat in them they float across the sky and it looks like glowing stars when there are enough of them. You are suppost to make good wishes as you are setting them off. i just got all my pictures on disk (freaking ipod wont work with my camera.....grr) so here are some pictures that may amuse you from the whole adventure so far.
The computers on koh tao keep fucking up - hotmail goes down for days on end and i takes FOREVER just to put a cd in and load it.... thinking we should have braught a lap top with us! Oh well there's always next time!


Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



11th January 2007

JEALOUS!!!
Wow you're pictures showcase the most incredible beauty!!! I am so glad you are having such a great time and a fantastic adventure. I am SOOO jealous!! Hope to hear more soon! Love Nina

Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.053s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb