Koh Tao Island


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Tao
May 29th 2005
Published: February 19th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We've had this article cued for a long time now - Might as well give it light of day!

We stayed on Koh Tau for about 4 nights and went there in order to do a bit of diving. From what I remember this was a bit of a let-down, and far far less professional than diving in Cairns or NZ - quite a bit cheaper as well, but it did show. Anyway I'll stop the negativity but just warn people that if you're going to go diving on Koh Tau you shouldn't expect too much, and from what we saw I wouldn't really recommend it as a place to learn, but it would be a good place to put a few entries in the log-books without having to shell out too much. The island itself was pretty cool, really small and we ended up walking most places - the bit we stayed in didn't have proper roads; it just had tracks which people used to wing up and down on motorbikes.
The hotel complex we found was really cool (the one with the view of the sea) and was really good value for money, with a massive room, pool and it was quiet too. Another thing we liked about the area was the dodgy cine-bars where they had ripped-off copies of all the latest films playing every night (all the stuff straight from the cinema) and you could have a meal and some drinks while watching the film. Very cool idea! (And there was no entry fee).
It's a while since we were in Koh Tau now (nearly 8 months) so my memory is a little faded but, well, the article's here now anyway!

Advertisement



6th March 2006

Thanks!
I loved reading your blogs. Thank you for sharing! I just ran across this last entry today. I had the last one bookmarked and never deleted it. Good thing. Anyway, I wish you both all the very best that life has to offer. Thanks again. Take care.

Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 15; qc: 91; dbt: 0.0874s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb