Island Life


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
March 25th 2015
Published: March 25th 2015
Edit Blog Post

After a relaxing day at sea, we were up and at em for a day of circling the island of Ko Samui to take an elephant ride, watch a demonstration of a monkey retrieving coconuts (trained to do so because they are faster and more adept than people), watched an elephant do some tricks and visited a waterfall nearby. A cooking demonstration was thrown in for good measure (Papaya Salad) but I don’t think we will be trying it at home.

Next stop was a rubber tree demonstration- fascinating to see the liquid pour out of the tree to eventually become a tire. Big export here along with coconuts.

Then it was time for lunch which was at a beautiful seaside location. Picture of the setting below but what we didn’t take was the pile of garbage that gets strewn along the beach. Too bad because it is a gorgeous beach.

We ended our day with Big Buddha - extremely hot there and after walking the stairs to see buddha, we headed for the shade in a hurry.



Tomorrow Cambodia…


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Finished ProductFinished Product
Finished Product

This is how the rubber is exported and then melted to make whatever products are desired.
Thai BeerThai Beer
Thai Beer

Pretty Good!
Dining by the SeaDining by the Sea
Dining by the Sea

Fortunately we couldn't see the pile of garbage while eating...
Big BuddhaBig Buddha
Big Buddha

First of many to come...LOL


26th March 2015

Geography lessons!
Love your pics, the rubber tree, feels like I am there! Your blog is wonderful!
26th March 2015

Thanks
We are learning a lot too Marilyn and thank you for your comments!

Tot: 0.15s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0641s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb