Norman Jay, Scorpians and Snakes in Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
May 21st 2011
Published: June 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Ko Samui was a bit of chill out time for us both, as you can imagine all this travelling around can make you tired!
We were fortunate enough to have been invited to stay with James and Miren who we met diving in Ko Tao, so had the luxury of an air conditioned room (dream!) and the use of their moped while we were there, all for free (thank you again James/Miren for that)

Being away for nearly three months by this point you can picture the excitment on both of our faces when we discovered the island has a huge Tesco on it with all the goods we had craved from home, Lurpak butter, cheddar (more cheese), fresh white bread etc.

After all the Tesco excitement we had to calm ourselves for some paddle-boarding action. For anyone not familiar (Emilie and I) with paddleboarding in basically involves standing up on an extra long surfboard and yep you guessed it paddling along! As easy as it sounds, with two of you on the board and both finding it hilarious to rock the board so you fall in it took us a while to actually get anywhere.

Ko Samui was also home to the most dangerous wild animals we have seen so far, on route back from Tesco we nearly ran over a 10ft killer python (or some other snake maybe not so big) on the moped and had to brake hard not to splatter it across the road and risk a bite on our bare legs! As if that wasn't enough for Emilies heart rate, on the way out to the pub in the evening there was a huge, the picture doesn't do it justice, black Scorpian (one for Dennis) on the drive waiting to strike with its stinger up!

Fortunatley we had the evenings entertainment courtesy of Norman Jay and a lot of beer to get over the previous few days trials and tribulations, unfortunately we seemed to have brought the English weather with us and it absolutley pissed down for the whole evening. Fortunately this didn't stop our fun and we danced all night in the rain!!

Although we didn't see much of Ko Samui, it was a great way to end to our time in Thailand.


Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



20th June 2011
CIMG8344

Your going to have to put more sun cream on next time shoos!

Tot: 0.07s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0283s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb