I really do hate goodbyes...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
February 3rd 2006
Published: February 17th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Koh Samui AirportKoh Samui AirportKoh Samui Airport

It is literally a wooden hut!
After 4 plane rides and 15 hours flying (thats not including the 4 hours waiting in between flights!) Mum and Dad were due to arrive about 3pm on 3rd Feb. I had a text from Dad to say that they had arrived and that they would walk up the beach to find us when they had sorted their stuff. I couldnt wait to see them!

An hour passed and I could see them walking up the beach. It was great to see them again. Although its only been 3 months it seems like ages since we have saw any friends or family so it was really good to see them!

We had a great week, sunbathing everyday and going out in the evenings trying all the different bars and restaurants. Mum and Dad even came went to the cheap/backpackers restaurants with us to help with our budget, even though it was cheap it was really nice. I think us being there made mum and dad try things they wouldnt have on their own - like the loud bars and cheap restaurants!

In the day me and mum went for a few oil massages on the beach whilst dad
First time I saw mum and dad in 3 months!First time I saw mum and dad in 3 months!First time I saw mum and dad in 3 months!

Mum was running - couldnt wait!
and Phil drank some beer! The massages were lovely, so relaxing. We also had a pedicure and a foot scrape (as you can see from the photos) We really were pampered! It was a real treat!

On the 11th Feb we left Koh Samui to head for the Full Moon Party so mum and dad had a week to themselves. We arrived back earlier than expected on the 15th Feb so we could spend an extra night with mum and dad before they went home. Dad treated us to meal, we could pick whatever we wanted! yum!

We had some real good times and some great laughs, it was an excellent holiday - I think the photos say it all!

Having mum and dad over here was great, it was really nice to spend some time with them, have lots of fun (and lots of drink!) It was like having two mates over to visit. They were so easy going and happy to do anything, we all got on really well. The 2 weeks they were over went so quick, I can't believe it's over!
Today was their last afternoon here. Its so strange to think I
Me and Mum!Me and Mum!Me and Mum!

Mum and dad arrived about 3pm on 3rd Feb. They walked up the beach to meet us.
wont see them again for 9 months! It sounds a long time but then again, these 3 months have flown by! It was quite an emotional goodbye for me if Im honest.....I really do hate goodbyes....

Thanks for a fatastic holiday mum and dad hopefully we can do it again soon. Love ya loads, thanks for everything xxxx








Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Us four on the beachUs four on the beach
Us four on the beach

This was our first evening together
Dad speaking to a little Thai boyDad speaking to a little Thai boy
Dad speaking to a little Thai boy

When we were in the bars,young Thai kids ask you for a game of Connect 4 - to play for money! You think it would be easy to win but they ALWAYS win! Dad had a few goes!
Dad trying to win another game but its just not possibleDad trying to win another game but its just not possible
Dad trying to win another game but its just not possible

The kids must pratice and practice coz they always win! They have very, very good tactics!


18th February 2006

Just arrived home!
Thank you Carly and Phil for being great company we had a great holiday,we enjoyed Thailand even more by sharing the experience with you.!! we went places and tried more things thanks to you both.We had such a laugh,(especially the boat trip)!!the travelblogs say it all!! P.S. To all the friends and family reading the blogs,Carly and Phil love the comments and e-mails they check them almost every day, so dont be shy, everybody please write at least one comment here to support them, they cant tell who is following them!! thanks but dont forget!!!!!
22nd February 2006

aww
wow looks like every1 had a gr8 week :) da picz of u guys sayin good bye look reli sad :( bet ur goin 2 miss em carly! well keep goin n havin fun :D take care x x x yaz x x x

Tot: 0.112s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0745s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb