Last Word From Campucha


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
January 13th 2008
Published: January 13th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Final backtrack ..... After the mind numbing beauty of Angkor , i'm on the move again , having spent New Years eve on the Tonle Sap..... me , a few Europeans and about 300 Koreans/Japanese , a great night was had ,and i carried Scotlands tradition well .. .the trip cost $20 , beer and food included i'm sure they lost money because i had a skinful and so did everyone else !!! The Japaese /Koreans , much to my surprise...! , because they generally seem very sedate and orderly people , were really great company not in the least sared to let their hair down There were frequent drinking comps" sandwiched between bouts of frenzied" dancing " of course i showed them the" Highland Fling "or at least my version !! haha but it was a sound party, and i disembarked at around 9am New Years Day "bowing" profusely aided by numerous small people teetering up a 6inch Gang plank..
I left Siem Reep next day for Phomh Penh on the 'fast boat' trip was nice but was a bit poorly arrived at P.P and went straight to Hotel Royal Highness really nice .. wandered about to get my bearings , the place is SOOOOOO ALIVE loads o people ,cars,bikes ,tuk tuks everything thats when i met Prong ,my saviour, he kept me right ..i think ,if you can afford, it use the tuk tuks because P.P. is a big crazy city with far too many dark corners waiting for unguarded "Balang"
It's got everything again , like Siem but on a massive scale and a bit cheaper ,loads of great eateries along the river and in town , you cant go wrong .... Went to world famous Raffles for Cocktails felt great to just sit there in the same place as great writers and artists had done years ago , a really good vibe for me .. Then i returned to 2/$1 bar later , more my style .... Iarranged with Prong to go to the " Killing Fields" and S .21 The prison used by The Evil Pol Pot to interrogate ,torture and eventually kill thousands of his fellow countrymen and women , it was very hard to take in and the experience will stay with me for ever ,but i'm glad that i did and appreciate even more the cherished life i have had .... Went on a cruise up the Mighty Mekong River, it makes the River Forth look like a Puddle ,its huge and teeming with life bothin and on its banks well worth the $20 fare good food on boat , you can choose from many tours with the same result i would expect ... saw Dog Street , cat street and jungle kill shops couldn't choose so had Finch and Chimps for tea !!
Money is running short so decide not to go to Laos and went back to Siem Reap and Angkor for a last look and loved it again and thats about it from Campucha , except the journey back from P.P. to Bangkok was good on the local service , but had a great journey with the locals ,sharing food and constantly getting smiled at, really nice open and friendly people i hope life gets easier for them P.Penh to Bangkok only $15, that wouldn't get you to the Roman Bar back home !! i stayed the night in Poipet and i'm now up to date , back in SAMUI now and will be continuing blog in real time next ...take care ya'll see ya soon Sawadhi Cap xxxx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0443s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb