Ko Samui


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post



After leaving the elephant project we arrived in Ko Samui at lunchtime on Saturday, after a quick 1 hour flight from Pattaya airport. We felt we deserved a little luxury, so we checked into the Waterfront Hotel on Bophut beach. Bophut is a lovely little town known as The Fishermans Village. It's very quiet, but has a good selection of bars and some great restaurants.... just look at the size of those chips! Most face out on to the beach with nice little balconies, with great views of Koh Pha Ngan.



We spent our first couple of days just hanging out by the pool, Hels enjoyed a manicure and pedicure, i went for a 1 hour massage, to relieve myself of all the "stress" i've been under lately. Ha!





We decided to get active yesterday and booked up a speedboat which took us out to the Ang Thong National Marine Park. We did an hours snorkelling around a tiny island known as Wow Island. Visibility was good and we got to see some really exotic looking electric blue and yellow fish.





We then continued onto a small island known as Ko Mae Ko. After a very trecherous walk up some near vertical stairs we reached the 430mts high summit. It was well worth the effort as the panormaic views were simply stunning, and within the island there is a landlocked saltwater lake, which is a beautiful deep blue colour.







After an even more trecherous walk down from the summit we hopped back on the speedboat and sped off to the main island in the marine park, Ko Wua Talab. Here we ate lunch and then went kayaking around the surrounding islands. I didn't manage to get any photos; after my previous issues with cameras and water i decided to leave it safely on the boat for this little trip. The kayaking was great fun once Hels worked out that you have to paddle right to go left and left to go right! It was hard work paddling at "ramming speed!", so once we were back on dry land i had a bit of snooze while Hels had a game of volleyball with the Thai guides and the other people on the boat, before returning home for some grub, some live music and far too much Vodka, which i'm seriously regretting right now!



We're flying off to Phuket in an hour, to hopefully meet Benji. I'm awaiting his call at the moment to find out where he's going to be and where we're going to be staying tonight. Tomorrow we'll be catching the early boat to Ko Phi Phi, so we'll do another update from there when we get chance....

Advertisement



3rd October 2007

hi john and hels, looks great. love jackie x

Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0472s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb