KOH somewhere


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
August 5th 2007
Published: September 9th 2007
Edit Blog Post

The best way we found to get from the north to the south of thailand was ye old trains.
Looking back, Great experience was gained whilst in vietnam railing the coasts in a hard sleeper train, hard sleeper meaning no mattress, just a bit of wood.
But me being me meant that i had a wonderfull nights sleep and an earfull from everyone else in the morning for bragging that i had a full nights sleep as usual.

Anyways this is thailand and we are hardened travelers so no more sleeping on the floor of the coach because the seats are uncomfortable and no more hard sleepers.. this is soft sleeping time and you guessed it, we get a matteress and its at least 3 inches thick.. awesome!

As we step onto the soft sleeper we wonder where the beds are .. hmmm could this be one.. nooooo... could this be .. noooo... so we just took a seat.
Afters a good hours traveling a machine of a man came around and magically pulled out beds from the ceiling, the seats, everywhere you could imagine - what a demon, i named him 'The Bed Master'
Twas a bumpy ride, most enjoyable and of course the air con was on form.

At about 5am, thats when i met him - the monk

He got onto the train at a stop somewhere on the way down south with more luggage than you could ever imagine, it took ten minutes to load and then he sat on it.

due the the high quality air conditioning i was free from sheets, sleeping bags and liners - i was wearing boxers.

i couldnt help but wonder if i was offending the religious man by lying there half naked.

However, thats when my thoughts came.

Was he wearing boxers underneath his bright orange robe? can i have a bright orange robe?
Has he seen boxers before? Does he like my boxers? Does he dream of the day he is allowed to wear them?
Does he like the colour of mine, i think they are pretty cool, mixin it up with stripes of white, grey brown and blue.
Who knows, we can only dream, we can only wonder.


Luckily the next step was by boat - we set sail to the islands of the east coast - thailand

A mear four days in Koh samui, a crazy place.

Beach, beer, shops and lots of 'blokes' drinking cans on the beach with there horrid shirts and lobster style tans - im in newquay!


Once again a solution to this torture arised - the full moon party, Koh Phangan

The greatest party the world, once a month, people even change there whole trips just to be there on time.

The adventure began in the pouring rain waiting for the speed boat to take us to Koh phangan for the party.
The boat arrived and my life was made, 4 x 200hp engines - i love thailand

I steped off the boat onto the party sand with a giant leap and broke another pair of flops and as usual they had just worn in right.

Within five mintues i had lost everyone, but i bumped into people i had met in bangkok and people i had met in vietnam - the greatest reunion in the world.

The party as you could imagine involved beer, whisky, fire, music and dance - perfecto!

At about 5am i randomly bumped into adam and we stood waist deep in the sea for 45minutes until we eventually managed to get a boat back to koh samui.

Party on!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.222s; Tpl: 0.023s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0709s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb