Cheeseburger in Paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
July 8th 2007
Published: July 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

**Ashley Says**
Hey Everyone! Sorry it's been a while since posting, we are just too busy having a great time! We are now in Koh Samui, one of the islands off the coast of Thailand. It is absoultely breathtaking here. We are staying in our own little bungalows on the beach and loving every minute of it.
We arrived here yesterday evening after a long day of travel. We took two plane rides, a bus, and a ferry to get here. We were joking that the only mode of transportation we missed out on was a train. Once we got here we got our rooms and went to check out the town. We happened to stumble upon a Thai boxing match going on in an outdoor bar area. It was really crazy to watch. Although we can't seem to agree on whether it was a real or fake match, it definitely was a crazy experience. The first match was between two men, and one ended up with what seemed to be a concusion . Then we watched two matches between girls. Amy joked that it reminded her of high school the way the girls were fighting!
Then we just looked around the area a little more, and happened to encounter a man on the street with a monkey. We weren't sure, but it sort of seemed like he was trying to sell the monkey to Amy. This is a crazy country!
Then today we spent some time on the beach, and took a long walk down the beach to some beautiful rocks jutting out of the water. It was a really cool area because it was very serene and it was like we had our own swimming hole. Rebekah and I even spotted some cute tropical fish swimming around us. Amazing!
Anyway, we are getting ready to head out to Ko Pha Ngan tomorrow morning, which is another island about 30 minutes from here. We heard the beaches there are even more beautiful than here (if thats possible) and it is a little bit less touristy.
Hope everyone back home is doing well. Missing you all!
Oh, and as for the title: no, nobody has had a cheeseburger but we are DEFINITELY in paradise!


Advertisement



Tot: 0.034s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0179s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb