A day in paradise


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
June 17th 2007
Published: June 17th 2007
Edit Blog Post

An average mealAn average mealAn average meal

Net cooked up a storm every lunch and dinner. Best food I've had in Thailand - absolutely awesome.
For anyone who is interested in what I've been up to for the last six weeks, here's a quick description of my day (they were all pretty much the same).

0600 A slight disturbance in my sleeping pattern as Net, my Thai girlfriend gets out of bed and heads to the morning market

0700 A slight disturbance in my sleeping pattern as Net returns from the morning market with fresh fruit, vegetables, juice, and eggs.

0800 Wake up to the smell of breakfast, give Net a kiss, and wake up Anand in the next bungalow for breakfast.

0810 Breakfast of cheese omelet or eggs fried to perfection (depending on how I ordered them the previous day), freshly brewed coffee, orange juice, toast, fresh mango, and what ever other fruit Net decided to buy that morning.

0900 Cigarette with Anand and plan the rest of the day. Usually decide on no plan at all.

0930 Shit shower shave

1000 Annoy Net with jokes or talk about previous night's events or events planned for the day.

1100 Beat Anand at chess

1200 Beat Anand at chess again

1300 Swim or read

1400 A delicious Thai lunch delivered to Anand and me on his balcony by Net

1500 Do something. Perhaps swim or work on my book or go go-karting

1600 Head out with Net to the fish market for fresh squid, prawns and fish

1730 Reading, writing, and visiting friends

1930 An amazing dinner cooked up by Net, typically steamed rice with soup, barbequed fish, a delicious Thai curry with squid, prawns done to perfection, and an amazing vegetable dish. Way too much for the three of us to eat.

2030 Amazingly, we finish dinner

2100 Beers and cigarettes

2200 More beers and cigarettes or head out to Chewang to a nightclub or play darts or pool or visit friends

0100 Sleep.


Of course, we did have some changes to the schedule, but that was pretty much it. Anand and I were planning to head to India, but why leave paradise?? Wow.

Anyway, we finally got our act together and are now in Manali in northern India.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

NetNet
Net

My girlfriend on the ferry from Surathani to Samui
Anand performingAnand performing
Anand performing

We put on a play for Net for her birthday with Anand and me playing each other and other charachers. Just one of the silly things one gets up to in paradise.


10th October 2008

bored
it looks like you are verrrry bored!
10th October 2008

Bored in paradise?
Honey, when you start your trip in two and a bit months you'll realize that racing around the world is great, but stopping to appreciate it is even better. As for bored. Nope. I was living the life I enjoyed. Eat, drink, swim, shag, chess, sleep, read. Will heaven be able to match this? I'm terrified of ending up sitting on a puffy cumulus with nothing but cherubs for company and celestial music for entertainment.

Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 9; qc: 27; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb