Girls on Tour


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Samui
February 23rd 2007
Published: February 28th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Hello! Hope everyone is well! I hope the rain isnt getting you down too much, we just heard the weather isnt too great at home today. I know the feeling, we saw one cloud in the sky today and it really got me down. Its a hard life...

LOADS to update on since you I last spoke to you. Carmen and I made it through valentines without any tears, we went and had a lovely dinner, but yet again my thailand tummy ruined the night and we went home early.... I am finally back to full health after a rather eventful time with my stomach. But I really dont want to go into details as I am sure you can imagine.

My birthday was a hilarious night, we went for dinner and to a lady boy caberet show (we have been 2 more times since aswell) I cant get over some of them! They are so beautiful! You would seriously never know (after a few stellas as the boys keep saying to us)! Some are atrocious though, they are my favourite, so blokey they might as well not even bother! We then went to 'green mango' which is the club everyone goes to at Chaweng Beach, we are becoming regulars, and we danced for most of the night until we couldnt stand up, so I pushed Carmen home in a trolley (see pictures) which for some reason we found hysterically funny!

We have just been doing a lot of sunbathing basically, the beach is a bit like being in Ibiza, funky house pumping out all day and people getting hammered, so we enjoy it! We have avoided daytime drinking though for now! It is now a fun little gang, 6 of us, Steph and Jo arrived 2 weeks ago and Cat yesterday, and Lauren a week ago. Everyone on the island is either French or Israeli (perves) which is slightly annoying. The Israelis are an absolute joke!!! Up until last week hardly any english, until all our prayers were answered! Drunkenly stumbling home from the Green Mango we saw a guy with his arse out pulling a moony, so straight away we knew they were english, we almost chased them down the street, only to find out they were from Bromley! And even stranger still one of them went to school with Neil! (does that boy know everybody?!) They have gone home now though and we are left with craig, one of the blokes that is still here as his dad lives over here. We call him our bitch and he is the only bloke in our gang! He loves it!!!!!!

I promise it isnt all partying though, we went on a day trip to a national park about an hour and half away on a boat and stayed over night on a desterted beach, just us girls and a few thai staff! Lights went out at 10pm on the WHOLE island so it was pitch black, monkeys everywhere and we were staying in a little hut which was full of bugs and lizards. Needless to say we got no sleep but it was rather funny and a good story! Next day we went on a trek (we are getting good at them!) to some caves, but it was proper rock climbing and we attemped it without guides and wearing bikinis and flip flops! We have done this a couple of times since and still havent learnt! Injuries are iminent!!!!!

Carmen and I also braved an elephant ride 2 days ago, and let me tell you it was the single most scary thing we have ever done. There were tears and both of us tried to jump off at one point!!!!!!! ha! I didnt realise it would be so horrible!!!! So high up and I kept having visions of the elephant flinging us off and trampling us, so we got off as soon as we could and were both shaking!!!!! The elephant kept walking right to the edge of massive drops and then refusing to walk, he was very naughty, but luckily not viscious! We rented a topless jeep for the day and drove round the island! Jo did very well avoiding the psychos on mopeds everywhere. We even went to Tescos! Stopped and visited two waterfalls and climbed them and swam in them, really beautiful. We then also went to see the grandfaterh and grandmother rocks on Lamai beach. Except we were too tired to climb to the look out point to see the angle that makes them look like grandfather and grandmother, so to us they were just two rocks. Then we went to the airport to pick cat up and suprised here in our sexy jeep! It was so good! Everyone kept hooting us and waving everywhere we drove it (unfortunately Jo now has sunstroke from being stuck in the drivers seat in the hot sun all day).

Been on a mad one two nights in a row so us girls are feeling a little worse for wear. Tonight is the black moon party and we are going to all go but not drink! (yeah yeah) then tomorrow we get our boat over to Kho Pangan for a week of full moon partying woohoo! We have met quite a few others that are going that way to so will recognise some faces amongst the crowds!!!!

I shall update soon with hopefully something a little more full of culture and thai history (we are doing sight seeing I promise!!!!) xxxxx



Advertisement



Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0332s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb