Tour of Kho Pha-nang in our truck


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
August 15th 2017
Published: August 17th 2017
Edit Blog Post

After a good nights sleep in our lovely chalets the kids and I had banana pancakes for breakfast then we climbed in our car or should I say truck and went to explore the island. Kho Pha-Nang has far more jungle, is quieter, prettier, in fact it's paradise.
It rained in the night (lucky again) and today it's a bit cloudy. We drove up the west coast to Koh Ma on the north west corner of the island. It's a tiny island joined to the mainland by a spit of sand. There was quite a lot of drift wood on the beach, washed up by the storm last night, which the locals had made into a long row of fires. I'll bet they look great tonight when they light them.
We walked round the bay and across the spit of sand to the little island. There were a few little old houses snuggled in the trees. I wander if anyone lives there. We sat on the beach and as it was quite windy today the sand got in our ears and everywhere.
We piled in the truck again, the kids in the back, and drove down some of the brand new roads in the center of the island and then back on the western coast road down to the south west corner, Haad Rin Village. You can't drive right round the island as there just aren't roads there. What a great and exciting ride. The further south you go the steeper and windier the roads are with fantastic views. We sat in a tiny cafe looking down at the vista looking over to Kho Samui. Another wonderful day.
We had lunch back at the resort, on the beach. Georgie and Sam had another massage. This time Georgie came back feeling a bit tender. The girl had been on the large size and had been a bit heavy handed.
It's so peaceful here. I'm in love with it.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb