Day 48 Thailand, Krabi to Koh Phangan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
December 10th 2014
Published: December 13th 2014
Edit Blog Post

Hey all,



So today we are leaving Krabi to go to the beautiful Koh phangan. I have been before so very excited to see it again.



We got picked up at 0630 (yes very early) and headed to the bus depot to join the big bus to Surat Thani, where the ferry port is!!! The journey there was about 3-1/2 hours but was good as the seat reclined back so had a nice nap and enjoyed the views. Once there we were headed in to areas depending where your ferry was going, our was stoping in Koh Samui first!!! After about 2 hours we finally arrived in Koh Phangan!! WOO HOO.



It's so amazing here, We love it!! We got in a group taxi to our hostel. It's so quiet here as it was a full moon party a few days ago, so we had our 6 bed dorm to ourselves!!! (WINNERS). The hostel is nice the people running it are laid back and easy. We were not going to but after talking to the german guy running the hostel, we decided to hire a scooter while we are here!!! (Sorry Sue). It's the fast way and cheapest way around the island!! Plus I have been on bikes for a few years so I feel we are safe!!! Its only £3 a day so really cheap!!!



We headed out first over the road to the beach which was dirty but nice enough and we just wanted a lie down in the sun and a swim for a couple of hours. We both were so hot we headed back and showered before heading out for dinner.



The german guy working at the place advised a restaurant called Chantra which was on the west side of the island, he said the food was good and the sunset was amazing!! We headed over on the scooter and found it to be nice and quiet on the roads!!! We eventually got there after Vicks map reading skills!!! It was small and hidden away but so worth the trip. The view was amazing (check out the pics and see for yourselves).



Once driven back to the hostel, we ordered two beers and then watched Back to the Future with the guy that runs the place. We are the only ones staying in the place!!! But as our budget doesn't allow us to buy much alcohol each day, it's just as well there isn't a party on every night like Pi Pi.



Good night all

V&N


Additional photos below
Photos: 55, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.084s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0561s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb