Koh Phanang


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
June 22nd 2012
Published: June 22nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

We arrived at Koh Phanang island on Saturday 2nd 18 hours after we left Bangkok. We checked in at the V-View resort where we had our own private bungalow on the beach for about 9 quid each. The bus journey was overnight so we were pretty knackered therefore we didn't do much with our afternoon apart from relax.



On Sunday we hired some scooters costing us a grand total of 4 quid each and we went off and explored the island all day. It was so much fun and they were fast too, at one point too fast for Oli who misjudged a corner and ended up driving along the grass for a short stretch. We went to a waterfall which was rubbish in comparison to the ones we had already seen in Central America, there was barely any water falling down it, was more like a trickle. From here we headed up the hills to a viewing point which looked out over half the island which was pretty impressive and made up for the rubbish waterfall. After that we headed up to the northen point of the island and spent some time relaxing on a nice beach before returning back down the west coast to V-View. We did get a little lost along the way however this was to be expected as the roads generally lacked signage. The fact that I am rather crap at map reading may have also been a contributing factor!



Monday was the day that Cav and Kirsty were arriving for their holiday as well as the arrival of the Pompey crew that we met in Bangkok. Me and the boys headed up to the port on our scooters to grab some lunch and meet them however we didn't manage to find them although we did bump into the Pompey lot. We went back to V-View where we thought we would find Cav and Kirsty however they were nowhere to be seen. Turns out they were on a different ferry. When they arrived we spent most of the afternoon catching up, playing volleyball and drinking beers with Cav before the Pompey crew popped down later on in the evening and things got a little bit more carried away. This was after we had said we would have a quiet one in preparation for the full moon the following day!



Tuesday was the big one, Full Moon Party day. We spent most of the day chilling at V-View all together, the weather wasn't very good so there wasn't much else to do. In the evening we all headed out for a pre-party Pizza before getting into our neon party gear and covering ourselves in neon paint. We left for the full moon in a tuk tuk with 14 of us in it in total, was a bit of a tight squeeze. When we got to the full moon which takes place on Haad Rin beach we got on with the party, I can't really disclose much more than that. We all managed to lose each other at one point of another because there were so many people however it was still a decent night. At one point I did trip over the rope tying a boat down and fell into the shallow water with my phone, wallet and camera in my pocket however all three survived unscathed.



On Wednesday, after rising late on once again the weather wasn't great so we didn't do much apart from spend the day at V-View again. We went to book a bus back to Bangkok for the following day however we were too un-organised and they were all booked meaning we had another day of doing nothing. Friday we returned to Bangkok on the overnight bus in order to get to Cambodia.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0439s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb