Dreamworld


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
April 8th 2012
Published: April 8th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Not much to report really, as island life is slow as you can imagine, but really nice and chilled.

We are in the resort of Haad Salad in Koh Phangan, on the north wes of the island, which has awesome sunset views.

It is so nice to see fluffy white clouds and stars at night, as everyday since we have arrived the immense heat that the sun has blasted out seemed to block its own rays, creating an overcast bright white sky, which is really hazy, and is as you can imagine, very uncomfortabe! In the islands down in the South West, it's almost like that heat you feel in a hot european beach resort, it's been about a steady 37 degrees today, and it's now 8:30 ish, and still feels around 30. It really is almost too hot!

As it's been so warm today, and we are still playing catch up from our trip from up north and the full moon party we decided to chill. We had a walk up to the nearest beach called Haad Yao, and had a yellow curry for lunch, accompanied by lots and lots of h2o. We felt a bit groggy today, and we thought it could be because we haven't drunk much water yesterday, so today we have drunk a similar amount to what makes up Windermere. Feel good today and we are just about to shoot off to get some more Thai food on the beach.

One thing about Thailand that comes naturally with the weather is the bugs and creepy crawlys. Today Becky found an unwelcome guest in the toilet - a small Lizard (which are about as abundent as Sparrows are in the UK). I also won a battle with a cockroach last night, pushing the fella down the plughole, and like the killer in a bad horror film, he came back to life and crawled back up, and in my my wimpy feminine disgust, i flushed him down with the shower head, putting the grill over the plug hole. Sorry if that story has offended anyone, but out here you lose sympathy for insects as like dracula, they seem to just wat your blood. Plus, if you are campaigning for rights for cockroaches, you are probably weird and I don't want to meet you.

I digress.

Becky is currently on the computer next to me looking at places to stay in Koh Tao, which is the next island up, and is apparantly much quieter. We are going to have to think about where we want to be for Songkran on the 13th-15th April, which is a water throwing festival celebrating Thai new year, which is also the hottest time of the year. And yes - farangs (foreigners) are welcomed to get involved!

I've managed to take some postcard style shots today of the beach, as if you have a camera, like me these are things you want to take pictures of!

You really do have to see these beaches to believe that they actually exist. Warm water (like a lukewarm bath), white sand, clear water and each beach coloured with moored longtail boats that make you think that you are in a dreamworld!

Off to fight more insects and bugs now, must go - as culinary delights await us.

I apologise for the lack of letters in some sentances, as this keyboard is more sticky than the rice here!



Love from Andrew and Rebecca,

Haad Salad

Koh Phangan

Thailand

Asia

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 8; ; mem: 1.1mb