Living the High Life in Had Yao


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
March 24th 2010
Published: March 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Train journey went well but was over an hour late getting in to Surat Thani so no time for breakfast as we were bundled into a coach to rush off to catch the 10 am ferry to Koh Phangnan. Got a pot of noodles each on the ferry to see us through. Much development going on at the Rajah Ferry terminal, bus dropped us at the ticket office about 250m away from the terminal and the food court is now situated here. Prices still exorbitant here and you then transfer to a buggy for the transfer to the terminal. There are still a couple of small local food shops just a 10 min walk back from the terminal if you want to support the local shopkeepers. Only 8 Westerners on the ferry and no touts either. Arrival at Tong Sala was the usual scramble and all the drivers were brandishing the KP handbook that shows the fares they want to charge as opposed to the real rates. We were quickly offered and accepted rides to Had Yao for 100Bt (KP book quotes 150 Bt).

Had rung OT High Life from BKK to book a fan room, and wasn't sure if they were holding one for us or not but was OK and we quickly settled into one of their 500 Bt fan rooms. Great pool with excellent, well priced food and drink along with good staff and Wifi (which my computer refuses to connect to! may have cooked the network card in Cambodia).

Had Yao very quiet and a bit disconcerting for us as the tide is high in the mornings and low in the afternoons, the reverse of what we usually have when we come during the wet season.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.339s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.2896s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb