Haad Salad Resort


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
January 13th 2010
Published: January 13th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left Koh Tao yesterday having spent five days on the island - one day and night on a very beautiful beach but with VERY BASIC accomodation. We had a beach hut at high tide mark, right on the sand. It had one large bed (comfy) and a loo with only cold water shower and the toilet was of the non flush variety which were common place in Thailand 10 years ago.
There is a plastic bucket which is filled from a water tap and in the bucket is a smaller plastic bowl which you 'spoon' water from, into the toilet! Thats how you flush it!!
We only stayed there one night as it was so basic but the sea was beautiful -ideal for snorkelling, and it was very quiet!
We then went back to Asia Divers resort on Sairee beach for another couple of nights. It was a busy place with lots of people and motor scooters -Loads of people have tattoos which take up huge parts of their bodies like their whole back or front!Itmust be so painful!
Massages are offered everywhere and although I have had them in the past I have not succumbed this trip as they can be fairly fierce!

Rob got to play his guitar and harmonicas on the beach there with an American Guy - Ben- who had come for a holiday in 1997 and stayed since then. He lives off his takings (Tip Jar) an rent from a house he has back in Wisconsin!
Robs songs were very well received by the young people who gave us emails etc and now want to be my friend on facebook! (Unfortunately Rob is not on face book as I am sure it is him they would rather be friends with!!)
We came to Koh Phangnan by boat and paid an extra 50p each for the VIP room which is an airconditioned room on the top deck with a film to watch! Koh Phangnan is beautiful and as we have now gone from Peak season to High Season we have a spacious room in a beautiful resort on a gorgeous beach (Im running out of superlatives!) for 4 nights for the price of 3!!
Rob found another guitar in the bar last night - with his name on it - or at least Rob K from NewZealand.
I think he has taken that as an invitation for more playing!
On this beach there are 4 or 5 resorts and much more of a mixture of people. Not so many young backpackers, but quite a few young couples - all nationalities- with young babies and young children.
I think they may have been backpackers in the past and are bringing their little children here on holiday as it is so beautiful and the Thai people are very kind to children and babies. - They obviously love them. At breakfast the young chef made an amazing pancake for a little girl in the shape of an elephant! very artistic it was too and she was delighted.




Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

DSCF0387DSCF0387
DSCF0387

guitar with robs name onit


Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 26; dbt: 0.0233s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb