Full Moon Party


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
March 16th 2006
Published: March 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Hooty and the BlowfishHooty and the BlowfishHooty and the Blowfish

Dead fish that was marooned upon the shore
Arrived in Ko Pha Ngan after a bus journey of about 12 hours and a 3 hour ferry ride- Needless to say we didn't look or feel a million dollars. Our guesthouse, that the helpful woman at Bangkok train station sorted out for us, is really good- we've got tons of space in our room. Most of 13th March consisted of trying to recuperate and get a little bit of sleep before the Full Moon Party, i pretty much failed on both counts.

As darkness decended we got a taxi to the South East of the Island, Haad Rin, where the Full Moon Party took place on a beach. We met up with Astrid, Effje and Aex from the trekking for some food and then onto Sunrise Beach where the pary was getting into the swing of things. There were different djs lining the beach, each pumping out different music. There were also people dancing around waving glowsticks, this and the neon signs from the bars lining the beach and the Full Moon meant that we weren't totaly under the cloak of darkness.

The drink of choice were these buckets with straws in them, they cost about 4 quid
Watch out ladies!Watch out ladies!Watch out ladies!

Slick Rick getting in the mood pre full-moon
each and contained either a bottlle of vodka or whisky and also a mixer like a can of coke or red bull. Me and Will were sharing buckets of Vodka, Red Bull and this other energy drink called Sharkeys all night- Without the red Bull i reckon i would've been asleep by 9o'clock.

The night was going along swimmmingly until at about 1am everyone seeemed to go their seperate ways?!?! We all remember being outside this place that was playing Maddonna songs and then not seeing each other for a while. I do remember seeing Bully for quite a lot of the remaining night, he said the last time he had seen Will was when Will was tripping over some Chinese guy that had decided to get to sleep on the beach. Dunno where Jonny had got to but i could hazard a guess that it involved him randomly dancing like a crazy man on his own pulling out his back cataloge of dance moves eg. Watering the Plants, The Shoulder Dance and the Lasoo. It is also a safe guess that he would only have been interupted from him dancing to blatantly try to disguise the fact that
Pre Full-Moon PartyPre Full-Moon PartyPre Full-Moon Party

Bully with Wilson in the background
he was having a wee in the sea (Yes Jonny everybody knew what you were doing when you were standing in the sea with your hands behind your back!)

Me and Bully got a taxi back to our guesthouse at around 8am, where we were greeted by the sight of Jonny lying on his bed looking like death warmed up (We didn't look too much better mind). Jonnys eyes were the reddest i have ever seen, thats right folks as the song goes, "old red eyes is back". After trying to piece the night before back together and speculating as to where Will must have got to we decided to go for a bit of a swim- Our guesthouse has a beach right outside our room.

We had breakfast at 12ish, around this time Will rolled in, still evidently a bit merry from the night before. Apparently all he can remember was listening to Madonna and then waking up ?!?!

Needless to say the day of the 15th was an absolute write off, but as the saying goes if you do the crime you've gotta do the time. All in all the Full Moon Party lived upto
Cheesiest smile ever?Cheesiest smile ever?Cheesiest smile ever?

Me pre-Full Moon. (For the interests of public health i have declined to show you what we looked like post full-moon)
and surpassed all expectations, to quote Chris Kamara, as Jonny likes to do on at least an hourly basis, it was "Unbelievable Geoff". I'm so glad we can just chill out by the beach for the next few days, the thought of 12 hour bus rides and the like fills me with dread at the moment.

Take Care

Advertisement



Tot: 0.047s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb