Koh Phangan 26th Sept - 6th Oct


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Ko Pha-Ngan
October 5th 2008
Published: October 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a 2 hour journey on the seatran (which was alot better than the catamaran, Matt wasn't sick anyway), we arrived at Thong Sala pier where we decided our first destination would be Haad Rin (Party capital of Thailand). A local taxi driver recommended a place called Coral Bungalows which was a fair price so we went for it. As soon as we stopped outside it we both had our doubts as it was a dirt track which seemed to lead to nothing and a big sign graffitied on the wall saying "Coral Bungalows the original pool party". We decided not to judge a book by it's cover and started our way down the dirt track. The first bloke we met on our way was a guy called Dave from Oz who the night before was so drunk he and his mate both got a tattoo of a bucket on there arse (a bucket is a quater bottle of spirit with 2 mixers, see pic). When we got there is wasn't really that bad at all,the rooms were clean and it had swimming pool and the people seemed nice. We spent 6 nights her in the end because we met some really nice people from all over the world and Matt Could finally party. Most of the nights we partyed on the beach apart from a pool party at coral which was so much fun and another night Matt went to (black moon party) on Baan Tai beach. There is not much more we can say about these 6 days but the pics should speak for themselves. After 6 days and several injuries lisa decided it was time to get matt out of there while she could. We headed off to find somewhere secluded to detox and relax. Boy were we lucky, we found a gorgeous resort called Haad Son with it's own private beach and the best rooms yet by far, it was a little bit more more expensive (20quid) but well worth it. After a couple of days doing nothing we hired a moped so we do some exploring and came across an elephant safari so we went on an elephant trek through the jungle. At the safari there was the cutiest Monkey which took a shine to Matt, Matt thought the monkey was messing with his beard when it was actually pulling a bogie out of his nose which he then ate, so funny! Then we Found a shooting range and Matt was in his element, see pics. We have loved Koh Phangan so much and would recommend it to anyone, next stop Krabi....


Additional photos below
Photos: 58, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0286s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb