Thanksgiving


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » South-West Thailand » Chumphon
November 27th 2009
Published: November 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

On a side note, Thanksgiving was a huge success. Here is the menu so you can all be impressed that I pulled this off with one burner one pan and a borrowed toaster oven. Though I planned everything my fellow teachers pulled together and two of the girls actually ended up making much of the food.

Green Salad - Lettuce, tomatoes, asparagus, corn, apples, pumpkin.
Fruit Salad
Yam Soufflé - Yams here are purple so it looked a little like purple goo when you put it on your plate but tasted divine as usual. Thanks Aunt Betsy. This was cooked in a toaster oven.
Green beans with Cashews and roasted carrots
Corn
Mashed potatoes with chives
Mushroom gravy for the potatoes - This near disaster turned into a masterpiece. Using tempura flour (the only thing they have here for flour) to thicken, this got a bunch of lumps so thrown into the blender the chilies I insisted we add in, opened up and gave the perfect spice.
Chicken - This was cooked by Angel and was apparently very good but I can’t comment on it since I didn’t eat it.
Soft Bread Rolls- The bakeries here are oh so good
PUMPKIN PIE! - I was soo excited they made this for us special. The man had never made it before but gave it a whirl and it turned out great.  We ate it with ice cream.
Delicious Thai cakes and such - Not as good as the pumpkin pie but Danni and Paul brought some damn good desserts in addition.






Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0402s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb