Phang Nga adventure


Advertisement
Published: October 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We decided to up the pace a little and headed to a province of Thailand Phang Nga. This is, in the main, a rainforest and is also a protected nature reserve.

Our first stop off was the monkey cave where you guessed it... monkeys live. Here we both fed the monkeys and generally fell in love with them. Vicki was just remarking how cute they were when one monkey in particular decided to throw a banana from the tree at her, it landed right on her head!

Next on the agenda was some white water rafting, there were two main routes; one 5km long and the other 9km. The 9km route was more challenging so that's what we did. Suited up in life jackets and helmets (looking stupid) we were briefed on the dangers of fast moving water and rapids. The only problem being the guide spoke poor english so all we got was;

"Water unpredictable, no guarentees!"

"Everything one million percent wet!"

"Don't toilet in boat, toilet in river!"

"Don't fall in!"

So well briefed and totally confident, off we set. It was a brilliant ride down the river and we both got "one million percent wet" but thoroughly enjoyed it.

After this and a bit of thai buffet lunch, we got on a bus to go to the waterfall (by a bus I mean a pickup truck with seats in the back). It was here a local Thai boy jumped on the back of the bus and took an instant shine to Vicki (see photo). How did he get an Arsenal shirt in the middle of the rainforest anyway?

At the waterfall we went swimming and took some photos. The water here was actually freezing, far colder than the sea but we were brave and posed through it!

On the way back it poured down with rain but we were shattered anyway so just slept through.

Tomorrow we are off again, this time the Phi Phi islands...

Paul & Vicki x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0375s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb