The Blue Lagoon


Advertisement
Published: April 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The day started off pretty early on a very posh but very very full speed boat. It was the most expensive trip we have been on so far and possibly the worst but we still had a good day. The first bay we pulled in to snorkel at was absolutely packed with about 10 boats and lots of snorkellers, as our boat reversed the motors went straight into the face of a japanese lady who was in the sea, it was not a pretty sight and slightly un-nerving! The snorkelling was ok but i made a hasty retreat to the boat as it was more like a boat park! After this we weaved in between some of the 41 uninhabited islands and then made our way to a deserted beach (Along with the other 50 people on our boat!) for some lunch. The scenery was pretty incredible and the limestone formations were amazing. We then went round to the other side of the island and made the 15 minute climb to the lagoon. The steps were interesting and it was ba****d hot but well worth it for the view. We then stopped at the park headquarters for some kayaking around the islands (not through the caves as they told us!!?!- gutted), we really wanted to camp there for the night but unfortunately they were fully booked for the next few weeks. We then made our way back to Koh Phan-gan. I came off the boat very lobsterish but it was worth the trip to see it all, i think we have been spoiled on small trips on the perhentians and lipe and i think from now on we will try and give big tour operators a miss! After our trip to Ang thong we decided that having spent almost two weeks on Koh Phan-gan it was time to move on so we booked ourselves on the ferry to Koh Tao the following day. I don't think we will stay long on Koh Tao as it's mainly a diving island and i'm far too chicken, claustrophobic and unfit to dive!!



Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0379s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb