Flight to Nan


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Northern Thailand » Nan
November 12th 2007
Published: November 14th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So after spending Saturday in Bangkok where we did the grand palace, we caught the plane to Nan, it was the tiniest plane i have ever seen and seated about 60 people (apparently they're being taken out of service as they aren't particularly safe!) got to nan after about an hour and a half, so they just had time to serve our food and clear it away! the airport was tiny and looked like a golf club, i have a great picture of the baggage claim area that i will hopefully put on flicker soon! and they moved all the bags in a little toyota truck. only four other white people on the plane, an american guy who used to work in nan, and his family. at the airport there was about 4/5 people waiting for us with a sign with our names and bunches of flower, it was so cute! then they took us out for a meal and to tescos to get a few provisions. arrived at the house at around six, by which time it was already dark, the house is fairly basic (which is what i expected) and we have lots of lovely housemates in the form of ants, spiders, lizards and geckos! we are two to a room which is ok and the beds feel like lying on a plank of wood, but i'd say it was still an improvement in comparison to county west! we are also fairly lucky as we have a western toilet as well as a traditional thai one (ie. a hole in the ground). i seem to have been bitten by lots of mozzies since arriving here and they even like me during the daytime, i guess im irresistible!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0391s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb