ancient ruins... present peace...


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
May 14th 2009
Published: May 14th 2009
Edit Blog Post

greetings...

thought i would share these photos from a day trip i took to sukhothai... one of the first thai empires as i understand it... i rode there from phitsanulok on my scooter, about 75km each way through beautiful rice paddy filled countryside... stopped on the way for a bite to eat and was handed the best menu i have ever seen... although i just had to make something up cause i couldn't figure out what anything was and the waitress was standing over me while i was reading it... i hope you can read it too...

the ruins were special, ranking right up there for me with some of the great mayan ruins of mexico and guatemala... if you can sense just a tiny bit of the peace i felt while there, then this blog will have been well worth your time and my effort...

by the way, i would appreciate comments or messages if you are so inclined to any of my blogs as hearing from the ones i love brings even more contentment by bringing a little bit home to a perpetuel wanderer... ;-)

peace and love...


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



14th May 2009

Food for thought
All the food looks so good. Do you have any idea what it is that you ended up eating?
14th May 2009

WOW
walkin_man, Love reading your stories. I'm glad that you are doing this and glad I get to follow you on your journey from home (where there are no bugs :) ) Be safe and have fun. enjoy it. RCS
14th May 2009

wow
the "mainstream" western world (or me at the very least) really has so little knowledge of real history, going back hundreds if not thousands of years. We are blind to it, and it is great you are taking me on this journey with you. keep sharing. I may not comment every day, but your blog is the first thing i read when i receive the email. be safe!
14th May 2009

Buddha vibes
Dear Dhamma brother, so glad to see you are on the road again, happy and content. It's great you make the blog, I love to see you pics and get some of the spirit. Send you lots of Metta from Austria! Manuel

Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0506s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb