Riding a Crocodile in the Old City


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Sukhothai
January 31st 2008
Published: February 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Monks at one of the WatsMonks at one of the WatsMonks at one of the Wats

This is one of my favorite photos
Day 8: The Wats in the Old City of Sukhothai

We woke up and had our first good breakfast of the trip at the Lotus Village. The scrambled eggs and pancake were excellent (yum!) We walked to the bus stop which was a little less than a mile away and took an open air city bus to the Old City. The best way to see the old city is to bike around it, so, we rented bikes (brand name: Crocodile) and rode from the ruins of Wat to Wat. It was such a relaxing day. The Old City was enclosed and the scenery was beautiful. It was partially cloudy which kept it cooler than other days. To cool down, we bought some popsicles from a vendor in front of one of the Wats.

There are so many Wats to see and we were able to cover most of the Old City before we were famished and needed to find some food. We ended up on a small cafe by the place we rented the bikes at. I had pineapple chicken rice which was excellent and Rachel had cashew chicken (don't worry, they kept the nuts far from my plate!) The note Dang gave me seems to be working excellent!!

The mosquitos are plenty here and we have to put bug spray on during the day and especially at night....especially near our hotel where all the plants and water are. For dinner, we ventured next door to our hotel to a quaint outdoor restaurant.

So far, no geckos have been spotted in the room today....phew!

We are off to Chang Mai tomorrow......


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.182s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 51; dbt: 0.133s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb