Picture Day at Kew Sua School


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Samoeng
January 12th 2008
Published: January 12th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Kew Sua Student BodyKew Sua Student BodyKew Sua Student Body

Only one teacher and a couple students are missing from this Kew Sua group photo.


Rebecca’s great idea of a Kew Sua school “Picture Day” came to life with a simple outdoor studio and a whole bunch of excited kids who had never sat for school photos in their lives. Many of the children and their families don’t own a single photograph of themselves. We underestimated how excited the children would be with this new and strange activity.

After the morning assembly, students and teachers all posed for a group photo and then one-by-one the kids swapped their grubby tops for one of the shared, freshly pressed blouses or shirts we bought just for photo day. It didn’t take long for them to catch on. Like all kids, some were naturals in front of a camera and some looked like they had a very bad case of gas when forcing a smile. Dan did his best to get the kids to smile at the camera with mixed results. At the end of the day we had a great photo of every student.

The “old hands” who had just been photographed made it their job to crowd around the camera and get the current subject to smile. The kids who were “on deck”
Professional Huh?Professional Huh?Professional Huh?

Dan's makeshift photo studio.
changed their tops and got a quick face washing from Rebecca. After a couple hours all of the kids had been photographed and Dan started the process of editing and formatting the photos into 5x7, 3X5 and wallet sized. We can’t wait to deliver the photo sets to the children next week! Way more fun than teaching them definite articles! We wish we had room to show you all seventy of the kids photos. Here's a small sample of these wonderful children's first school photos.









Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

School MascotSchool Mascot
School Mascot

Some children have to bring their baby siblings with them to class. Here is a future student sitting for her first photo ever.
Mr. MischiefMr. Mischief
Mr. Mischief

Does it show? This 1st grader's middle name is "Trouble"
Future Thai Movie StarFuture Thai Movie Star
Future Thai Movie Star

He polishes up pretty nice!
Hello.  My name is Ms. CuteHello.  My name is Ms. Cute
Hello. My name is Ms. Cute

Just too adorable to not share with the world.
I will NOT show my teeth!I will NOT show my teeth!
I will NOT show my teeth!

This was the best some could do in the smile department. Her normal state ist that of a big pearly grin.
Missing teeth and proud of it.Missing teeth and proud of it.
Missing teeth and proud of it.

Just one more example of the beautiful children of Kew Sua.
Someone forgot to pin the back of my blouse!Someone forgot to pin the back of my blouse!
Someone forgot to pin the back of my blouse!

No matter. When you are a natural beauty, your clothes don't need to be a perfect fit.
This is so FUN!This is so FUN!
This is so FUN!

I LOVE having my photo taken!
UpperclassmanUpperclassman
Upperclassman

Even the sixth graders were excited to sit for their first school photos.


13th January 2008

Precious Kids :)
Thank you for sharing the photos. What a beautiful group of children. Sounds as if you two are having a great time and that the kids love having you as teachers plus. Miss ya, cant wait to talk with you in person. love Ann
13th January 2008

Can't wait to get back!
What great pictures!! Thank you again for introducing me to the crew at Kew Sua. I'm so excited to go back and see all those sweet faces again.
14th January 2008

Precious!
What a wonderful idea! How proud these kids and their moms and dads will be of the beautiful treasures you will give them to keep. You guys are doing such a wonderful job of loving these little ones. What a heart full of memories you will have...going back next year? Kind of get into your heart, don't they? Abundant blessings for you both.
15th January 2008

Very nice
Jr. The photos look fantastic and the letters read beautifully. Your gift is shure to last for a very long time with those familys as beautiful memories which will get passed down from generation to generation as eirlooms. Its truely amazing to see such a huge impact on so many good people because of your and becca's generosity and kindness. The kids look great.....does that last boy have dan's eyes...?
21st January 2008

Cutiest kids ever
Boy look at you two go, it looks like you found what you were ment to do in this life and having fun doing it, it must be so rewarding. I miss you both and can't wait to see you. All my love, and I think of you often. Nancy
23rd January 2008

Love it!
Those little children can thank their lucky stars that dad didn't have time to braid each of their hair for the pictures! J.K. They look really lovely and what an amazing gift. Can you imaging the feeling of being the kid receiving a beautiful set of portraits to share with friends and family? Love you guys and can't wait to see you soon.

Tot: 0.195s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 11; qc: 68; dbt: 0.084s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.2mb