Road Trip to Maesot


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Mae Sot
November 13th 2014
Published: November 16th 2014
Edit Blog Post

We left Jomtien early this morning after another great breakfast with Simon and Bronwyn at their condo. The IZUZU 3.0 Diesel SUV is a great vehicle for this trip. Really glad we also rented the Garmin GPS as the highway system around Bangkok is a nightmare. The highways in Thailand are fantastic! Lots of service centres along the highway with everything we need. We checked into the Picture Book Guesthouse at 4:00 pm and will be staying for 5 days. It is a beautiful place and the Burmese staff are very sweet and helpful....they can't do enough for us. Ted is on the ground floor at 300 Bhat (about $10 Can) and I am on the second storey with a balcony at 800 Bhat ($25 Can) with breakfast included!

I called Goin at Future Light to tell him we had arrived safely and we decide to drop by for a quick visit before going out for dinner. Future Light is about a 20 minute dive for our guesthouse. I am attaching some photos of our day with captions.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

Picture Book GuesthousePicture Book Guesthouse
Picture Book Guesthouse

Enjoying a cool one after 8 hours on the road.
Goin explaining the flood damageGoin explaining the flood damage
Goin explaining the flood damage

The flood of November 2013 destroyed much of the infrastructure at Future Light. We are trying to decide with Goin (the Dad) what project we should prioritize for our visit this year.
After dinner gathering. After dinner gathering.
After dinner gathering.

The kids are waiting patiently for us to arrive before they begin to eat the Delicious apples which we bought for them at the big box grocery store in Jomtien. The are so polite and well behaved!


Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb