Chiang Rai


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
May 6th 2015
Published: May 21st 2015
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Cave Lodge to Chiang Mai to Chiang Rai to Myanmar


We needed to leave then re-enter Thailand to start the next two months of our visa, so we took the opportunity to see more of Thailand and visited the city Chiang Rai. It's quite small with not much to do other than look at temples (which we actually didn't do) and drink locally produced coffee (which we did a lot). The list of stuff we did/see is as follows:

- travelled 4 hours in a cramped minivan to Chiang Mai then 3 hours on a slightly less cramped "VIP" coach to Chiang Rai. Watched 'How to train your dragon 2' in Thai, from a distance, so I look forward to seeing it properly on my return...Buchans?

- eat a burger from a VW and drink beer from a paper bag (not sure why I was so amused by this).

- visit the White Temple which is a recently built Temple full of interesting sculptures. The skeptic in me says that it was built just for tourists, but even so, it was a nice place to spend a few hours. Had a coffee.

- walk ALL around Chiang Mai trying to find the 'river' (may not exist) but ended up finding some cool views and walking through back streets where people seemed cheerful as we passed. Lost bearings but eventually got back to the Hostel. Probably had a coffee in there somewhere.

- saw the extravagant clock tower all lit up and playing music. Had a coffee.

- had a foot massage.

- awesome breakfast (no clue what the fluffy stuff on top was) with a coffee.

- Went to Myanmar. Had a coffee. Returned from Myanmar.

- Had my wisdom tooth removed and 3 fillings. Why? Because the dentist told me! Had a coffee to calm my nerves.

- Checked into a fancy hotel and spent the day by the pool. Then went to a shopping mall and bought marmite. Had a coffee (in Starbucks, sshhhh, don't tell anyone how consumerist I am).

- came home. Exhausted and sunburnt.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.125s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0945s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb