We all Love in the Same Language


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-West Thailand » Chiang Rai
January 11th 2019
Published: January 20th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Jan 11th,

This morning we learned all about the community in which we are staying. I wish I had time to go into more detail, but I’ll just say that it was one of the most interesting things to learn about how the community functions. It is so different than what we are used to in America, but yet everything and everyone works together so well to create a fully functioning community that is not reliant on technology, wealth, or individuality. Everyone works together to a make things run so smoothly, even though it looks so different than anything you would see in the US.

We focused on community nursing while we were living in the Chiang Saen community, and I learned the benefit of mapping out the community you are practicing nursing in. It really helps you understand what influences your patient’s health and how to best care for them.

After talking with members of the community and learning about how they live, we took a trip to an elementary school and did the cotton-eyed joe. It only took us Americans a few seconds to break the stage on the first beat of the song. After finishing our performance on the grass and heading back to our homes, we then stumbled upon a human ferris wheel in someone’s backyard and played on it until sundown. The sun set across the river over the country Laos, and it was one of the most beautiful sunsets I have ever seen. After taking allll the pictures, we went next-door to the house our professor was staying at for a bonfire. We sent off lanterns (which was something that’s been on my bucket list for quite some time), and danced around the fire until we were all exhausted. One of the things I think is so cool is the fact that even though hardly any of us spoke the same language, we were still able to communicate. Whether you are American or Thai, we all love in the same language. Even though we couldn’t express our thoughts or feelings verbally, we could all feel the love tonight.

The night ended with endless hugs and a poor attempt to say goodbye to each other as we headed to Chiang Rai to stay in a hotel the next day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0365s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb