Last day in Khao Yai.


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand
February 4th 2014
Published: February 4th 2014
Edit Blog Post

4th feb - Tuesday
Up with the sun this morning. Spent most of the night listening to the calls of the birds and animals, we are really just on the edge of the jungle. As we are heading south tomorrow we want to make the most of our day here in lovely Khao Yai. Weather still beautiful with a misty haze over the mountains. The views from the house are fantastic. What surprised Leo and I was the number of trees, shrubs and flowers that are common to Cyprus. We decided to do another trek. According to the park trail description it was Orchid Campsite to Haew Suwat Waterfall, distance 3km, walking time 2hours, concreted trail, easy to follow. 'Can walk yourself. No need guide'. Wrong, wrong, wrong. Not at all as described as it happens. We'd chosen lighter footwear/shorts/less insect repellent and were less prepared than for our earlier guided trek on Sunday. 3 snakes, one gibbon, one croc later (okay, it was a small one, but anyway) plus a rope bridge across croc infested river, the day was starting to get challenging. We survived and are currently enjoying an ice cold Singha beer at the Kirithantip Resort where we are availing ourselves of free wi-fi. Typical Thai holiday resort, lots of bubbling streams, profuse plastic flowers and a life size statue of Captain America in the gardens. Last evening here, sad to leave but onwards and southbound tomorrow where we try the local 'ordinary' train to Attuhaya. Bon voyage Khao Yai, and Khap knan. Tip of the day: Don't under any circumstances trust the Park Trail Description Guide.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



4th February 2014

cool pictures
cool pictures nanny I love the crocodile sign p.s love you. have a great time
6th February 2014
Spot the monkey above our heads?

Can't see that monkey anywhere
Hi Nan it's Loz and Jake. Looks like you are having a great time. We can't see that monkey anywhere though in your last pic? Speak on Sunday. Love you xxxxxxxxxx

Tot: 0.319s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0956s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb