Day 3 - 110km


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » North-East Thailand
January 6th 2013
Published: January 6th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well they say bad things come in three’s, given the events over the last two days I think we’re in the clear now. We’ve overcome a lost laptop, an interesting hotel (rented by the hour with a condom on arrival) and then yesterday during a visit to a beautiful temple several members of the Hands team were called on to perform CPR on a monk that had collapsed. In Pete’s words the team did all they could to sustain his life continuing with their efforts to the local hospital. The condition of the Monk was grave when he was left with emergency staff, but all was done for him.

That brings us to day 3 which thankfully has been filled with a lot less drama than the previous two hence the return of the bloggers!

Day three saw us ride through some more amazing countryside and off the beaten track villages where the kids greeted us as we rode through. Thanks to one of the riders Trev we have thousands of sticky hands toys to give out to the kids, the challenge is trying to communicate with them to not eat them!

The terrain has been interesting both visually and physically (sore bums)! We spent a large part of 110km off road today tackling pot holes, gravel and red dust, at one point Kel thought she was riding through Broome! Sore bums aside though it’s pretty amazing to see such remote parts of Thailand, getting the occasional glimpse of the Mekong river, visiting many small villages and riding through the rubber plantations.

End of day 3 and we’ve clocked up 258km leaving 542km to cover in 5 days. So it’s big days from here, but we’re both riding strong and ready to take on the next 100km!

Until tomorrow,

Kel & CT!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0476s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb