Hello Thailand, we meet again


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang
February 4th 2012
Published: February 4th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So after a minibus, a big bus, a border crossing involving lots of waiting around, another minibus, a ferry and a pick up truck I arrived on the beautiful island of Koh Chang, thailands 2nd biggest island. This place has everything you could possibly want from an island; beautiful beaches, crystal clear waters, jungle, mountains and parties!

I spent about a week indulging in the beach bum lifestyle, lounging around, eating, drinking an reading. One particular bucket fuelled night culminated in 10 of us going for a 6am swim in the pouring rain. I also got to enjoy a cracking birthday night partying on the sand with a few randoms who took me in to celebrate. Roomed with a german guy in a beach hut on lonely the beach which is the prettiest and cheapest beack on the island, not particularly lonely though. The parties rotate around the bars nightly so theres always one place thats packed and always somewhere new to check out. On my 2nd night there I randomly bumped into a guy and girl I met on the slow boat in Laos who had gone to Hanoi to teach. They were on a weeks holiday for chinese new year and just happened to be in Koh Chang for a week, it's definately a small world!

After a week and a half of beach time it's back to the big city and a couple of cultural trips

Advertisement



Tot: 0.069s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 14; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0396s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb