Koh Chang (2)


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Eastern Thailand » Koh Chang
September 20th 2011
Published: September 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Several days later and we're still in Koh Chang - finding it hard to leave such a beautiful island. However we have relocated a couple of times, sampling different beaches and areas. My favourite is still Lonely Beach - we managed to get a hut which was only 5m from the sea and had a very relaxed, backpacker feel to it. (Siem Beach Huts). After Lonely Beach we headed to White Sands which was nice although more built up and busy.

Yesterday we went elephant trekking! It was fantastic (pictures coming soon). The highlight was definitely jumping into a river with the elephants to give one a good scrub down.

Today was our first day of rain since arriving in Thailand. We had planned to go snorkelling round some of the smaller nearby islands but it had to be cancelled because of the weather - hopefully we can do it in the next few days. Home is now Cliff Cottages - we're staying in a wooden hut at the top of a cliff with 180 degree views of the sea and its own little bay. Fingers crossed for better weather.

We only have a couple more days in Thailand as we head to Cambodia on Friday. Plan is now to travel across Cambodia relatively quickly and spend three weeks going up the coast of Vietnam. I cant wait!

Joe's summary: Nice and chilled so far, looking forward to Cambodia

xx

xx

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0525s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb