Cha Cheng Sao's hidden markets


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand
July 15th 2008
Published: April 16th 2010
Edit Blog Post

100 year old market100 year old market100 year old market

Location: Cha Cheng Sao
Destination: Cha Cheng Sao, Central Region of Thailand.
Travel Date: 13/07/08
Travel Type: Private / Individual

Destinations include: 100 year market, Baan Mai Market, River Cruise Bang Ka Pong and Wat Long Po Sotorn.

The trip on Sunday 13, July 2008 took my family and extended family to the province of Cha Cheng Sao to explore two new destinations we have never visited before. We departed from Bangna in Bangkok at 7:00 Am and spend the entire day at these markets.

100 year old market.

This market was very interesting, the coffee and chocolate milk from one of the shops is the highlight. The best you have ever tasted, probably because it was based on a very old formula and the shop is called 71 year old recipe, of course it is in Thai though, but you just look for a coffee shop with a big 71 and that is the right one. The rest of this place brings back good memories, mainly the toys they sell were the toys that I have played with when I was very young and the Dragon Ball Z currency was the most interesting I found.

Baan Mai Market

This market was even more interesting than the 100 year old market because of its ancient characteristics and textures, and Hollywood and Thai films were shot at this location. You could also get there by land, however we took a river cruise from Wat Long Po Sotorn, ticket is 100 baht and you could also get to explore the Bang Ka Pong River. For this trip, about the food, I'd recommend that you keep your stomachs empty for this market, b/c the food here is unlike any other. It's just fantastic!

Wat Sothon Wararam Worawihan

This temple is one of the many scared temple of the Cha Cheng Sao province, many Thais go there every day to pray. This temple featured the Buddha image called Phra Phutthasothon or commonly known as Luang Pho Sothon. What makes this Buddha image very special to this temple is that according to legend the Buddha image was seen floating along the river before being placed at the temple here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.076s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0433s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb