The Grand Palace Bankok


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
November 2nd 2010
Published: November 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

DAY 15 (I think!)

So today we forego the Tuc Tuc and walk to the Grand Palace which is only about a 15 minuite stroll from our hotel. This time we are dressed appropriately in long sleeves and long trousers. If you haven’t got appropriate attire, the Palace will lend you some but when we see how ridiculous everyone looks we are glad that we wore our own stuff.

The Grand Palace is just amazing! Awesome actually! It is totally over the top - full of bling and glitz, but just beautiful. It makes coming to Bangkok worthwhile. I would say to everyone who hasn’t been that you must come to Bangkok just to see it! The photos don’t do it justice either.

After the Palace, we decide to cross the river on a ferry and find Thon Buri railway station as we are catching the train tomorrow up to Kanchanaburi. As you get off at each ferry stop you find a market and we get something to eat and walk through the busy streets to the station.

We are finding that the ferry is the only way to travel around. It is incredibly cheap, fast and easy. No one ever rips you off and the trip on the river is fun too. We feel a bit “Budda’d out” so we get off at the Sheraton Hotel and take a look around the brand new shopping centre. We buy some really nice souvenirs and then we realise that we have missed a Budda! It’s probably the best one too! The Reclining Budda! So we take the water ferry back to Pier No 8 and walk to Wat Pho. I think that this is my favourite one so far. The complex is huge, but so beautiful.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 12; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0243s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb