A quick one before our trekking adventures!


Advertisement
Thailand's flag
Asia » Thailand » Central Thailand » Ayutthaya
August 27th 2008
Published: August 27th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Not been up to that much since our last blog yet thought we would get up to date before we head off to Pak Chong and go trekking in Khao Yai national park which is home of that waterfall from the beach! amazing! Since our last blog mark went for a haircut....it seems the lady mistook mark for a monk and that their version of a number two is A LOT shorter than ours! His head is now a lot whiter than the rest of his face! hehe! We have photos!
We had dinner at the night market at the edge of town...sat down after ordering our food (sat down on plastic stools pretty much on an oversized roundabout....classy restaurants these!) and to our disgust see two dogs that had apparently been stitched together as they could not walk independantly. after 10 mintures of discussing how awful it was that some sick person had put these two dogs together a thai man then started hitting them with a plastic chair and they seperated! we were horrified...lets just say our theory of some sick person sewing them together was not correct, rather a romantic moment between the dogs gone very wrong!
Anyway...we were back on the night bus on our way to Ayuthaya, the same deal as last time with the trolley dolly service and all, yet this time there were a few more disruptions...About an hour into the journey when people were just beginning to try and get some sleep we suddenly hear some shouting towards the back of the bus. There were two thai men yelling at each other over something to do with their seats with the tiny trolly dolly between them, then all of sudden one jumped on the other and they began fighting falling all over the bus, with the majority of the people on the bus simply watching. Mark ran over and tried ti help, holding back one of the men. it was such a sight!
Two police stop and searches later we were dropped on the side of the motorway at 5.30am to work out how the hell to get into the town. we did eventually (a rip off taxi ride in) and we found a nice hostel to sleep. Ayuthuya is a place where three rivers converge forming an island and is also the old thai capital to home to some of the oldest and best temples. We then spent the day tootling around on funny little japanese bicycles looking at the famous temples. We could only manage a couple of hours in the heat before having a couple of hours in air con bliss before enjoying a lap around the island at dusk to see the river life and some of the temples off the island. it was a lovely day if not somewhat wet on our boat trip when we had the biggest thunder storm ever!!
We are just about to head to the train station where we plan to take the cheapest train possible! For a two and half hour journey it costs 20p each! hehe! God help us.......

Advertisement



Tot: 0.092s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0429s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb