Murghab to Sary Tash


Advertisement
Tajikistan's flag
Asia » Tajikistan
September 23rd 2008
Published: September 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

After spending a night in Murghab which is indeed a pretty wild and slightly off-putting kinda place nathaniel and I headed up to the Murghab Eco Tourism Authority to see if we could organise a car and driver for the trip north. We had a few days to spend in the Pamirs and so organised a trip. First the driver dropped us off on one side of a ridge and we walked along the Gumbezkul over the pass at 4731m. It was a great afternoon with lots of puffing and wondering if we were really going in the right direction. Its the thing I like about travelling in this part of the world as if all very free. Eventually we gained the pass and while Nathaniel walked around I scrambled over the top and climbed along a bit of the arete. It was all safe except for a few little bits with lots of lose rock which made me remember that horrible day in the alps a month of so before. After an hour or so walk out we reached a Krygyz yurt and was invited in for tea. Eventually after making our get away as it was getting dark we found our driver sightly annoyed that he had to leave the good road to find us. I'm not so worried as we paid a small fortune anyway. After another hour or so we arrived at another homestay yurt and camped for the night after a dinner of bread, yogurt and soup with noodles. The morning begun with a wash in the hot spring (read; a bit smelly concrete block) followed by breakfast in the sun and a small walk to take a few photos of the yurts and buildings tightly neselted in the valley.

Murghab

Rang Kul

Walk up moutain alone

Sleep -15

Decide to go straight for Sary Tash

Flat tyre 1

Flat tyre 2

Karakul walk

Food poisoning and vomit

Wait for car

Diaherra

Border crossing - extortion of guard for 3 dollars

Kryguz inspection

Sary Tash Homestay





Advertisement



Tot: 0.036s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0193s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb