Peking Duck


Advertisement
Taiwan's flag
Asia » Taiwan » Taipei
August 30th 2009
Published: September 2nd 2009
Edit Blog Post

I feel like I should credit this food blog that is directing us to such fantastic places as we explore the city. If you're interested please go to http://hungryintaipei.blogspot.com/ or if the link is stripped simply google "a hungry girl's guide to Taipei." This occasion takes us to a restaurant in Zhongshang near the Mitsukoshi department store called Celestial which lays claim to the best Peking duck in Taipei. Now duck is probably my favourite meat and I love crispy duck pancakes when I eat them back home so I'm really excited about this place. We order and sit back and snack on a few cooked vegetables that we've got as an appetiser. Then, butler-like in his formality the waiter comes out and announces the duck. He's holding it on a silver platter and it's glistening like a jewel. He swiftly disappears to carve it and returns again with two plates. One is for the crispy skin and the other is for the meat. The waitress deposits a huge pile of pancakes on the table with some spring onions and sexy plum sauce and we set about the enormous feast. We've ordered a two person portion but I think it would go around four without too much difficulty. We certainly can't finish it and consider taking it back to the apartment but after much agonising we leave it there. Celestial goes to number one on my Taipei culinary experience list and has earned a blog entry all of its own.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0532s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb